Decentralization is the process of passing a range of government competencies from central to local government. Through this decentralization process, the transfer of power means more decision-making freedom which implies more responsibility.
The Association for Local Autonomy supports the strengthening of local power and the decentralization process subject to the increase of the efficiency of local government through:
- implementing administrative-territorial reform;
- improving the decentralization process of public finances;
- increasing the quality and modernization of public services at the local government level, based on European standards;
- increasing transparency and accountability of local government concerning the community;
- increasing the involvement of citizens and stakeholders in decision-making at local government level and activities of educational, socio-cultural and sports character